University of BradfordUsman Majid
The University of Bradford is one of the world’s great technology universities, providing high-quality teaching, underpinned by cutting-edge research with practical applications to solve tomorrow’s problems. The University is committed to helping all its students to lead fulfilling lives, become global citizens, and make a difference to the world.
Bradford collaborates closely with local, regional, national and multinational businesses from across all sectors of the global economy ranging from associations with local employers through its employer engagement initiatives, to overseas partnerships including those in Singapore, Poland, Malaysia, Pakistan and India. Global and local partnerships inform the University’s curriculum and provide inspirational work placements.
Students, particularly international students, who do not have the necessary qualifications for enrolling onto a degree course, can apply for the Certificate of International Foundation Studies. The programme gives you the opportunity to progress onto a wide range of undergraduate degrees across all subject areas of the University.
- The University has almost 10,000 students studying in the UK and overseas
- Students will benefit from a £120 million campus development
- The University is a global village with over 127 different nationalities
- Accommodation options are available for students in the form of a modern apartments or townhouses in The Green, an award-winning secure and self-contained on-campus student village, which is currently one of the most sustainable developments in the world
- Every student is automatically a member of The University of Bradford Students’ Union (UBU). The UBU has everything to complement student life. Students can expand their skills through sports, societies, media activities or volunteering, meet new friends or get academic or social advice and support
- Students become part of the University’s fun and supportive unique community, Team Bradford. Team Bradford ensures that your time at Bradford is more than just achieving a degree
- The University strongly supports entrepreneurship among its students and graduates to help shape their future
- Students have fantastic work placement opportunities and benefit from the University’s global network of potential employers
- The University has a strong track record of graduates entering professional and managerial level jobs
- Triple accredited business school, one of an elite group of business schools to achieve this
- Top 10 in the UK for Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy, Optometry & Opthalmics, Medical Technology and Forensic Science by The Complete University Guide 2019
- 3rd in the UK for Chemical Engineering in the Guardian University League Table 2019
- Silver awardee for the excellence of teaching (Teaching Excellence Framework 2017)
- 94% of Bradford’s graduates go into work or further study within six months of graduation – (HESA 2017)
The University of Bradford invests over £4million in scholarships each year, and there are a range of scholarships depending on your circumstances. For information on the different scholarships and application details see www.bradford.ac.uk/scholarships.
Services for International Students
Throughout most of September, the International Office runs an orientation programme until the beginning of term, supported by current students, as well as an International Student Information Point for more personalised advice in the first few days. The Office also has an airport pickup service and each department organises induction sessions for their subjects.
- 98th in the Times University Guide 2019
- 72nd in the Guardian University Guide 2019
The University of Bradford has a strong reputation for research and is ranked 49th in the UK based on research funding. Allied Health, Management and Archaeological Science all performed well, while nearly 40% of Bradford’s case studies were ranked world leading and almost 90% world leading. Staff-student ratios are amongst the best in the UK, scoring highly in all three major university rankings.
International students are guaranteed a place in Halls in their first year. The University of Bradford has a combination of directly owned and managed halls. These halls are located on the main campus and at the School of Management; nominated halls are those at Laisteridge Lane and Wardley House.
On the main campus, The Green provides brand new rooms for students and has been voted the best accommodation in the UK at the College and University Business Officers Awards, as well as the most environmentally friendly building in the world.
The main University of Bradford campus is within walking distance of the city centre. The library, computing and sports facilities are open for extended hours during evenings and weekends and, together with centralised student support activities, provide all the social, recreational, study and welfare facilities necessary for a rich learning and social lifestyle for both students and staff on one campus.